Fulfilling its mission to help consumers find the “Right Doctor, Right Hospital, Right Care,” Healthgrades.com offers thousands of articles, slideshows and tools that provide objective, medically approved information about more than 1000 symptoms, conditions and medical procedures. With decision-support features like HealthCoach and At Your Appointment Guides, Healthgrades helps users evaluate their symptoms and prepare for productive conversations with their doctors, allowing them to take an active, informed role in their own healthcare.
As the Healthgrades audience grows, so does the need for editorial content across our products. Over the next year, we will be expanding our content presence on Healthgrades.com, mobile platforms and social media. That’s where you come in!
Our editorial team is seeking freelancers who can write accurately and objectively about health topics, citing multiple credible sources and experts--while maintaining a tone that’s conversational, practical and consumer-friendly. We don’t want to simply be another source of lifestyle content. We want to provide relevant information that inspires action in our readers—specifically to take steps within their healthcare system to maintain and improve their family’s health.
Writing feature articles, slideshows, quizzes, infographics and other pieces focused on a variety of health topics, based on core content, social media and sponsorship/client needs.
Writers will be required to follow in-house editorial guidelines for style, tone, formatting and proper sourcing. All freelancers are expected to meet established deadlines, with turnaround times typically ranging from 7-10 days.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to write clear, concise, accurate copy
· Willingness to follow editorial direction and accept feedback
· Expert knowledge of proper spelling, grammar and syntax
· Ability to research medical information and accurately explain complex ideas in a relatable way to a broad consumer audience
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, English, communications or similar field preferred
· Medical or health professional degree a plus, but not required
· Preferred candidates will have experience writing about health and lifestyle topics and/or familiarity with healthcare terminology, trends and issues